Looking for General maintenance of box trailers, some things to consider are: Check the following –
- The tyres are inflated and are road worthy;
- The wheel bearings at least every 6 months and have them replaced or regressed as required;
- The lights and brake; turning indicators and tail lights and are all functioning. Do this EVERY time you tow the Trailer;
- The tailgate hinges and locks are secure and functioning;
- The safety chain is not rusted and the “D” shackle bolt is safe and secure;
- The axle springs are not rusted and are sitting on the support seat and bolted securely.